my so called life

It is what is it. All hail the chuckleheads for they are funny and wise.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I work, I work, and I work. I go to school and work and work. Did I mention I work?

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lights on .. no one home.

Howdy all,

Well I guess when you don't update regularly you don't get comments eh?
Thats ok.. I guess I know who my friends are..lol.

Things have been down right crazy.

Work got really wacked, nothing working.. then getting really sick going to the doctor .. in the doctors office my cell rang and I found out our federal auditors were coming and there went my weekends, nights, evening, days.. well you get the point. Good thing the call was after my blood pressure was taken.. it was back to MY normal.. 103/65.. my normal is 90/60.. just another quirk about me.. I have scared many a EMT..

So far the audit at work is going well.. and I hope will continue doing so. The auditor was impressed with the job I was doing and even told my boss that I needed to get rid of some of my other job responsibilities.. well we will see.

I had a nervous break down this past week.. sick from vertigo, fatigue, and fibro.. had push me to the limits.. when my husband called and told me he got fired.. I had to be releaved because I was about to have a room full of kids...Things are working out and he is working for himself as a freelance bookeeper..so far so good.. my mom is a cpa so he has work from a client for about 6 months.. then I hope more will come.. I am trying not to panic.

My husband turned 41 Monday.. my In-laws were over my new apt this past weekend.. more stress.. I was tired from working.. and dinner was terrible.. I was so out of it.. I dont really click with them.. and every time they finally decide to visit... which is about 3 times a year.. something is wrong with me.. so I try to ACT NORMAL.. because those who dont get sick dont understand.

I had a student have a seizure while testing this past week. Everyone said I handled it well. He collapsed right on the laptop computers while testing.. knocked the components right out of the machine.. hit his head and lip.. and generally scared the crap out of me.. I have dealt with this before but not for a while.. I talked to him and got everything away - I was apprehensive.. I have been hit before by a small woman seizing and this kid was BIG. It stuck with me for a while.. the image of him helpless bleeding from the mouth.. trying to help him.. kind put things into perspective.. imaging having no control over something like that...completely helpless.

One of my co-workers died this week from her battle with cancer. She was a really tough and stubborn person.. strong.. she lasted 5 years longer than the doctors gave her.. but in the end I know she was suffering.. so I am glad she is resting peacefully now. I dont handle death well. I will have a hard time going for her memorial.. if I do go. I couldn’t visit her - just too much for me to handle.

The meds have finally worn off and my good friend gave me a complement - that I seem happier more like myself.. I told her I feel good almost great one minute and then completely stupid the next.. but there have been more good days than bad ones lately.. I had to call someone the other day and no one was around to talk to because I was freaked out with all this stress going on - I was actually in a great mood.. I had two people bite my head off.. and I was signing to myself.. it was completely WACKED... and hysterical at the same time.

My sister has been very depressed again.. she wants life to come get her.. instead of her going to get life.. I had lunch today with an incredibly cute, soon to be divorced single father.. I am hoping to set her up if him being 8 years older isnt an issue.. ah to be 25 again.. er.. never mind.. I like where I am now.. I feel bad for her.. she keeps finding loosers and has given up into a virtual world.. and she stays there..she is smart, quick witted, pretty, a good singer, and a great writer.. but you know the creative types.. she is a little melodramatic and well she is stuck in a rut and I am tired of her doing nothing about it!!!.. If she could only make some friends with some positive people.. I think her attitude would change.. I have tried to get her to join some civic groups or singles stuff.. but it isnt really her.. I am so glad I am not single. I don't think I could handle the dating world... KUDOS to those who are doing it and doing it well.

Well I guess thats enough.. every day is a gift.. how are you spending yours?

7 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

heheheh...I guess I can count myself as one of your friends, cuz, uh...yeah..I COMMENT!!!
LOL
Just when I think my life is going to shit, all I have to do is read your blog, and it makes mine seem sooo trivial. I don't know how you do it girl... You just keep going and going...you're like the little energizer bunny. Thats gonna be my new name for you, seeing as there don't seem to be any chuckleheads around anymore. Geez. So..EB...I hope you can catch a break here soon, and come and chat sometime. It'll do ya good to be stupid with your blogger buddy for a little while. We can go to Yahoo games, play Literati...we can have fun making up stupid words. Take care...and I hope to talk to ya soon.
:)Just me

Thursday, 16 March, 2006  
Blogger Diayah said...

I LOVE GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know .. I have NO IDEA what Literati is but it sounds cool.

As for EB...Well I always wanted to be a bunny..lol.. only have one measurement that qualifies though..lol.

There is a line from Seinfeld where George asks Jerry what makes him happy.. Jerry answers: "your misery.. your misery is my happiness - I just keep thinking when things seem to get bad.. at least I am not you.."
"I am the George Costanza of the world" Except I am not balding, short, fat, neurotic, white guy...Ok so I am short.

Speaking of Chuckleheads.. I called one of our local radio stations and answered their trivia question of the day.. its a really long drive in the morning and listening to the radio helps keep me awake.. most of the stations really suck, they either talk too much, or the radio personality doesn’t have one…I like this lil local yocal station.. but their morning guy isn’t from the area.. I guess this because he never says the station call letters, he never talks about the local area and ..everytime they go for commercials it’s the exact same commercials at the extact same time of the day with the exact same screw ups.. its annoying!! But there the only one that plays a cool mix of music with limited yak..anyways I usually can get through and for the second day in a row..I won..the prize is absolutely nothing..which is cheesy but cool, no stress when nothing is at stake..after I won he called me a Chucklehead.. I thought of all of us and the way things were..

Thursday, 16 March, 2006  
Blogger Kirsten said...

awwwwwwww...lol...he called you a chucklehead...brings tears to the eyes, don't it??..lol...Anyways, Literati is a game, just like scrabble. Its very addicting, I find myself playing it all the time anymore..lol...even find a stalker for yourself now and then..lol...let me know, and I will meet ya for a game..and as for YOU red...lol...geez..i've heard you say that for days...um weeks even...
George Costanza, huh?...lol...somehow, I just don't see it...lol..but as for your misery, yeah...It makes it nice for me, just sucks for you, and that makes me sad. But, I know you will win in the end, cuz hey, your a winner...lol...talk to ya later

:)Just me

Friday, 17 March, 2006  
Blogger Kirsten said...

hmmmm....nothing new from you, yet again. Girl...Im tellin ya...between you and red, I don't know which is worse, well...bri is the worst..lol..but at least red commented on yours...lol..I got nothing from her in forever...lol...and bri...well...I think she's just shacked up with sean, and they just don't love us anymore...hehehheh...talk to ya later

Monday, 20 March, 2006  
Blogger Diayah said...

I have been BUSY.. working 16 days no days off.. 12 hrs crap.. but its over.. yeah!.. I am off to ORLANDO this week for a tech teacher conf.. yeah its where techo geeks go to learn stuff or buy new toys.. hehehe.. lots of fun.

Monday, 20 March, 2006  
Blogger Diayah said...

Ok Kirsten.. hummm I am going to have to pencil you in to play your lil game.

Monday, 20 March, 2006  
Blogger Kirsten said...

yeah yeah...likely excuse...what life??...lol...im thinkin you are full of crap...lol... we will have to pencil in that game...its soooo fun, but im gonna have to find out if there is a Literati anonymous.. wanna join me???

talk to ya later
:)Just me

Monday, 20 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home