my so called life

It is what is it. All hail the chuckleheads for they are funny and wise.

Name:
Location: Florida, United States

I work, I work, and I work. I go to school and work and work. Did I mention I work?

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

BRB...

Sorry guys but I have been really sick and very busy lately. This is the worst quarter of the year for me because it is school wide testing. I get the PLEASURE of waking up at 0520 and being at work at 0700.. then if I am lucky I get to maybe take a break at 1400 hrs.. no lunch no rest.. just keep testing.. until 1600 - 1700 hrs or so.. then race off to get kids.. do the family dinner.. homework.. thing.. then off to class do my homework.. then hopefully go to bed at 0200 to do it all again!

Add to that the strain of having no computer lab to test in.. I have a mobile lab.. the bad thing is I am the mobile part!! I have to use a group of laptops that I have to lug around, find a place to plug them in, hope the network or machines don't fail and get the lil darlins in for testing. So far I am not making the testing window. I have been out sick two days and I did not get a start on time because of connectivity issues.

HEY MIKE here's a lil hint.. wireless doesn't work in a prison! No matter how many ways I tried I just could not make the damn thing work.. to quote the late Mr. Scott.. "Captain, I'm giveiner all she's got. I've got her wired up like a Christmas tree".. yeah I know I am a techno dork.. but hey I make it look good.

My classes are killing me too.. I have gone 4 days with only a handful of hours worth of sleep. I got 1 hours last night.. which is why I had to take off today...if I drove I would be a menace to society.. but did not really get to rest.

I had much to do. I had to look for a new apt because mines going condo.. it sucks I really hate moving.. and the PRICES!! OMG.. I would like to personally thank all the Europeans and NY'ers for personally driving up the price of real-estate. Then I would like to smack all the polo people for personally driving up the cost of all the rentals... 1600 a month is the avg out here!! THEY ARE NUTS. After much work and for ONCE some luck on MY SIDE.

I found a 3/2 that is smaller than what I own and of course a tad bit more expensive.. but it was under 1300 a month. Anyways I can't rant too much it would drain the little energy I have left.

I have been really sick and dragging lately. I still don't feel like me and I am so stressed. Unlike some others.. SEAN... who can dream.. totally jealous by the way.. I don't. I do hear music in my head though.. I know its probably because I am completely delusional from no sleep.. its the new one from Van Zant.. I tried to find lyrics.. but I am too tired to look. I'll hopefully

C YA All soon, Later

9 Comments:

Blogger Kirsten said...

hey d....I was gonna come to your comments, not to bitch, but to check, cuz I was worried....i'm glad to hear from ya, but I think it sucks that your feeling crappy...I had a feelin thats why you weren't around....you really need to get more rest...but, yeah..when, right? only thing I can say is GRAB SOME COFFEE, GIRL!!! hehehehehe.....glad you found a place, but I take it, it's not by me...bummer...lol...and it really does suck about the prices...I truly can't believe how much things have skyrocketed...well, girl..I will talk to ya later....don't know that song in your head, so can't help ya out w/ the lyrics...but maybe we can think of a new song for ya that we all know, then we can all have the same stupid song going in ALL our heads..heheheh...not that there is an "ALL"...many chuckleheads seem to be among the missing, not just you....hmmmmmm what the hell happened when me and sean left?????

try to have a good day, and if your too tired or sick, try to at least fake it good...love ya

:)Just me

Thursday, 02 February, 2006  
Blogger Diayah said...

Thanks Kirsten and Red...thanks Sean?. And yeah Kirsten I am back on cofee.. just making sure I drink lots of water...I will have to get another needle in two and half weeks.. so I am trying to be good...God I hate needles.

Today was worse. Last night I decided to take the risk to stop the meds. Since the increase I have been sick. I am responsible for testing everyone in the school for all exits, entries, and for 3 weeks every quarter. Each quarterly testing cycle I end up getting sick because of all the stress and hours and such.

Usually I can count on some others to pitch in. One guy who usually has no prob.. has become overbearing. I had arived at work at 8, I try during testing to get in at 7, but hubby forgot to set the alarm back. I had some other fires to put out when I got in, then remove the cart with the laptops, then set them up.. its a lot when every moves hurts.. at about 10 the guy came in and started to bitch me out on how I wasn't moving fast enough and why wasn't testing going on.. I got EXTREMELY pissed.. he is not my supervisor.. and I AM THE TESTING COORD.. not him.. I was so pissed I don't remember too much.. I do know I got very upset... and said to him I didn't need this right now.. and what the hell did he think I was doing just sitting on my ass.. He torted.. stop being such a hardass.. ME?!? What the hell did I do other than..almost kill myself, took being in pain over being out sick.. and I was getting bitched at!

I slamed the door and walked out..seething... I started to loose it.. I told myself let it go.. walk off.. dont do this.. stop being a baby...suck it up..it didnt work.. I felt like a wounded animal..

I went back to the classroom waiting for students to arrive when the reading teacher who co-tests with me asked me what was wrong.

I tried not to tell him.. but I started tearing up.. it was all too much. (Sometimes I really hate this emotional crap.. the meds have made me a "little girl".. sometimes I start balling at a song.. a TV show.. or when something like this happens..For years I had to compartamentalize my emotions because I was the rock for my son..I had to solder on.. now I am just not able to do it)..I told the reading teacher what happened.. tears streaming.. staining my hot face..embarassed as all hell...The reading teacher said the other guy was full of crap.. while he was in when I was sick all hell broke loose..it was loud and dangerous because he had no control over the students Nothing really productive got done.. it did make me feel better.. but it really hurts when you work in an enviroment that sucks so much and their are so few you can rely on and then to have them turn on you..

Well thats in the past now.. I am alright at letting go but I suck at forgiving.

Like Bri has said I get the come across too strong lecture.. I am the one they all call to fix everything.. and I am the one they all stab when my back is turned...IF more people would just do their jobs we wouldnt have to get on their asses to begin with! I try not to come off as a hard ass but damn..when everyone constantly has me in crisis mode..what do you expect..I have always been passionate about what I do.. like it or not.. I am the best at it.. period..and when people do me wrong day after day.. and time after time...how long are you supposed to just take it before you betray yourself?

You would think the kids would be hard to deal with.. NOPE its the co-workers..

Kirsten you wrote you wanted to work for the school system.. its a great job.. the kids are wonderful to work with as you know from volunteering.. but it has been one of the most backstabbing, childish, petty, enviroments I have ever worked in...its sad.

I am trying to order Van Zant online..downloadable to my ipod phone... Dont order the Van Zant CD it will do weird crap to your computer.....

I have a feeling it will be blasting from a lil white car on her way to and from Pahokee for a while.. YOUR TAKING UP SPACE..Aint no body gonna tell me what to do.. Yeah..therapy..with a cup of coffee.. on the side.

Friday, 03 February, 2006  
Blogger Diayah said...

To: Sean
RE: Updates
From: Diayah

- He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.

Translation:
- He who quits writing should not be the update police.

Tuesday, 07 February, 2006  
Blogger Diayah said...

Thanks Red.
I had a hard time reading the other format

Tuesday, 07 February, 2006  
Blogger Bri said...

D-I like the new look too! I hope things are going better for you now!

Tuesday, 07 February, 2006  
Blogger Kirsten said...

You know...I didn't even pay attention to the new look...duh...lol...its cool... Never claimed to be one that notices, only one who wants to be noticed...heheheheh...hope all is well, and you're feelin okay...
talk to ya soon
:)Just me

Tuesday, 07 February, 2006  
Blogger Diayah said...

To: Sean
RE: Comment

As for the post yeah radioboy you owe me one. Remember.

PS servers don't send memos.

=)

As for feeling well I am afriad I am still pretty sick.

But thanks for the well wish.

Tuesday, 07 February, 2006  
Blogger Ashburnite said...

I can relate to the outragious property values. I live in Northern VA (outside of DC), and it's the same here. Almost anywhere else, I would be able to afford to live alone, but unfortunately, I'm in a tiny 3-bed, 2- bath with 2 other people. Sucks.

Thursday, 09 February, 2006  
Blogger Diayah said...

Ash that sucks in two years I plan to leave and find something more affordable.

Thanks for the well wishes all. I should return to cyberlife after tuesday.

As to the bet.. thats between me and Sean.. hehehe..

Friday, 10 February, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home